What do I do when I need care and my healthcare office is closed?
First Choice has a medical and dental provider on call after hours, weekends and on holidays.
Call 505-873-7400 and our after-hours answering service can connect you to the on-call provider.

What if I don’t have health insurance?
We can help! If you are eligible for Medical Assistance our trained enrollment specialist can help you find coverage in the Health Insurance Market Place or other Medical Assistance programs. You might also qualify for our Sliding Fee Discount Program that reduces fees based on your household income and size.


Only service animals are allowed in FCCH healthcare centers. Are emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animals considered service animals under the ADA?
No. These terms are used to describe animal that provide comfort just by being with a person. Because they have not been trained to perform a specific job or task, they do not qualify as a service animal under ADA.

FAQ’s about Service Animals and the ADA

Where should I send my payment?
Payments can be made in person at any FCCH location, on our website, or by mailing to:

First Choice Community Healthcare
Attn: Billing Office
2001 Centro Familiar SW, Bldg C
Albuquerque, NM 87105

Please include your billing account number with any payment mailed to us.

Does FCCH see walk-in patients?
While FCCH is not a walk-in clinic, we do try and see our established patients for urgent needs. For medical visits, same day visit slots are open at 7 AM the day of the appointment and can be scheduled by calling (505) 873-7400. For dental visits, please call the dental site near you at Edgewood, South Valley, or Los Lunas.

What if I do not speak English?
FCCH welcomes patients who speak all languages, including American sign language. We have many providers and staff who are bilingual in Spanish and English, and we partner with an interpreter service to accommodate other languages.

Can I still use the FCCH telephone system if I am hearing or speech disabled?
Yes, you can use the Telecommunications Relay Service (TTY). Just dial 800-659-8331 to place a relay call.