For more than 50 years, First Choice Community Healthcare has provided access to high quality primary medical, dental, and behavioral healthcare to the underserved populations of the Mid-Rio Grande Valley of central New Mexico. Today, we operate eight (8) Community Health Centers and one (1) school-based clinic. First Choice provides a medical care home to over 50,000 individuals and families each year.
First Choice Community Healthcare’s mission is to improve the health, life skills and wellbeing of all members of the communities we serve. Our health centers maintain an open-door policy, providing treatment regardless of an individual’s income or insurance coverage. This has been First Choice Community Healthcare’s core function since 1972.
First Choice plays an essential role in teaching and recruiting the next generations of primary care and dental providers in the state. First Choice serves as a teaching ground for medical and dental residents, as well as medical assistants, lab and pharmacy techs, and others doing their clinical work-study. These providers, in turn, use their relationship with UNMH to provide access to the best academic medicine available, including most specialties. Several providers receive loan repayment assistance through the National Health Service Corps in exchange for dedicating their years of service to First Choice and its patients.
First Choice is accredited by The Joint Commission.
First Choice Community Healthcare is dedicated to improving the health, life skills, and well-being of all members of the communities we serve.
First Choice Community Healthcare is a health care organization that maintains excellence in programs and services with a constant focus on the changing needs of individuals and communities.
- We are community-oriented and patient-centered.
- We provide state-of the-art health care facilities and services.
- We are committed to excellence at all levels of our organization.
- We provide compassionate, quality care without regard to a patient’s economic status.
- We respect our patients as individuals.
- We are culturally, gender- and age-sensitive.
- We operate in a cost-effective manner to maintain our financial strength and viability.
- We are committed to innovation and the principles of continuous performance improvement.
- We encourage and support the personal and professional growth for our employees.
- We strive to be a model employer.
- We value synergy and collaborations with partner organizations to better serve our clients.
- We are committed to health education and prevention.
This health center is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).